0106 Schedule Engineer, Chantilly, VA – TS/SCI
StellarPeak is a distinguished agile government contracting business. We bring unique customer insight, enhance business development through extensive customer and industry relationships, and deliver superior professional services. Our employees are typically experts in their fields with advanced degrees and the highest in security clearances. We only hire the best employees. We only bid on, win, and work on projects we know we can successfully complete. If you’re a veteran then take a look at our available career opportunities or contact us so we can assist with your networking.
Position: Project Engineer – Master Scheduler
As part of the Schedule team, you will be responsible for conducting the Schedule Management Process for Milestone/Activity Level 0 and 1 and any schedule milestone elevated to the System and Enterprise level. This Intelligence Community contract is responsible for maintaining the Integrated Master Schedule with integrated milestones and linked dependencies across Infrastructure Services as well as System and Enterprise level Domain milestones. We monitor performance against this schedule to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met and facilitate modifications as required. Schedule analysis is performed to identify risks as well as providing mitigation recommendations. Candidates will be aligned to one or more projects based on both assessing candidates’ skills and experience, and by understanding candidates’ career aspirations to ensure they are supporting a project that aligns to their career path.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Compiling, updating, and delivering the Integrated Master Schedule with integrated milestones and linked dependencies.
- Strong communication skills to reach and develop a cross organization network to help to gather requested data for each schedule product
- Gather and consolidate schedule data from staff meetings, engineering boards, readiness events, engineering artifacts, board approved Request for Change (RFC) documentation, etc.
- Assess impacts of new info against planned and baseline dates, calculate critical path, calculate slack & margin, and identify risks/issues/opportunities.
- Format Microsoft Project documentation in presentable form to include call out boxes, graphics etc. in support of product delivery milestones.
- Operate the Enterprise Schedule Server Tool, input data, produce reports, and generate schedule artifacts
- May train new team members in the use of Schedule tools/Processes and the implementation of quality standards.
- Develop new process metrics for process improvement that help determine how well the overall process is working
Must have and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance
Strong System Engineering or Systems Integration experience
Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior government customers, keep all stakeholders informed, prioritize tasks, and vet priorities
Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with change management processes (e.g., RFC process)
Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues
Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams
Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability to multi task
Extensive experience with Microsoft Project
Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT and/or COMM systems and overall space and ground architecture
Experience with core Systems Engineering Disciplines (Requirements, Schedule, Risk, Readiness, System Closure, VV&T, etc.)
Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical forums
Experience using Microsoft Office Tools
A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible
Equal Employment: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”
If you have any questions or would like to write us about your security clearance, you can do so at Stellarpeak Careers – firstname.lastname@example.org.