0101 Cloud Solutions Architect, Springfield, VA TS/SCI
StellarPeak is a distinguished agile government contracting business. We bring unique customer insight, enhance business development through extensive customer and industry relationships, and deliver superior professional services. Our employees are typically experts in their fields with advanced degrees and the highest in security clearances. We only hire the best employees. We only bid on, win, and work on projects we know we can successfully complete. If you’re a veteran then take a look at our available career opportunities or contact us so we can assist with your networking.
Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer (Expert)
The Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer will work across Cloud Ops, Security, Development, Auditing
teams at NGA to implement designs that allow for the vision of developers being able to quickly deploy
applications that end users can immediately use. Roles and responsibilities include:
Evangelize methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services.
Provide leadership in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g. Site Reliability Engineering).
Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to Product Lines.
Develop and design elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud native applications
Crafting excellent documentation for respective projects and carrying ownership for the code and the instructional tutorials of how to use it.
Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations.
Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Five plus years’ experience with AWS cloud services.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Fifteen years’ experience finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues.
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby ideally in SOA applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
Understanding of DevSecOps
Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
Knowledge of APIs and RESTful services
Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores.
Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric.
Experience with security in the cloud: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning.
Experience with monitoring solutions: ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus.
Working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus
Three to five years’ demonstrated experience in Site Reliability Engineering functions.
Equal Employment: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”
If you have any questions or would like to write us about your security clearance, you can do so at Stellarpeak Careers – firstname.lastname@example.org.