This position supports the Sensor Integration Office (TAS), part of the Architecture and Engineering Group (TA) within the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s (NGAs), CIO/IT Services (CIO-T) Directorate. TAS provides SE&I services that deliver mission capabilities to ensure NGA meets the GEOINT requirements of its IC, National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG), Allied System for Geospatial-Intelligence (ASG) and DoD customers. This position guides engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Guides Mid-level and Junior-level system engineers performing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies.
- Guides the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Guides Mid-level and Junior-level system engineers developing solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Performs systems integration activities.
- Conducts Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Operates at the level of integrating multiple systems, services, processes, and interfaces within a Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational and agency boundaries.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in a related technical or scientific field such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- Senior-level or higher experience working in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or systems engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture environments residing in cloud, on premise, or hybrid infrastructures.
- Experience with and understanding of systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience with sensors
- Demonstrated experience in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
- INCOSE Certified Systems engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
- Documented work experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Licensure as a professional engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
- Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project work experience
- Previous IC or DoD program/project work experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.