The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the GEOINT Services team of Agile
teams or Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events
and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, facilitate
processes and execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, ensure value delivery, and drive relentless
improvement. They help educate the teams ensuring that the agreed Agile processes are being followed.
They also help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics,
continuous flow, and relentless improvement. They focus on providing the support needed by the teams to
be self-organizing and self-managing. They spend time helping other team members communicate,
coordinate, and cooperate; generally, this person assists the team in meeting their delivery goals. Roles
and responsibilities include:
- Oversees and coordinates the work of all Release Train Engineer contractors.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for GEOINT Services Increments and Events
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrum meetings, team demos, Increment Planning events, and other periodic synchronization meetings
- Create and manage the overall Division vision, roadmap, and backlog
- Summarize Team Increment objectives into high level Increment objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of Epics, Features and capabilities
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System Architects/Engineering
- Work with management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency
- Five plus years’ experience with Agile tasks described above
- TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Three plus years working Agile projects within the Amazon Web Service (AWS) environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Ten years’ experience in information Technology or related project development from inception to deployment.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Understanding of DevSecOps
- Experience with JIRA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.