The Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer will work across Cloud Ops, Security, Development, Auditing
teams at NGA to implement designs that allow for the vision of developers being able to quickly deploy
applications that end users can immediately use. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Oversees and coordinates the work of Expert and Senior level Cloud Solutions
- Architect/Engineer contractors
- Evangelize methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services.
- Provide leadership in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g. Site Reliability
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
- Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to Product Lines.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud native applications
- Crafting excellent documentation for respective projects and carrying ownership for the code
- and the instructional tutorials of how to use it.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Five plus years’ experience with AWS cloud services.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Fifteen years’ experience finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues.
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby ideally in SOA applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.