We have an opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist, Sr Technical Specialist to join our Cyber Engineering team. The position is located in Chantilly, VA with meetings in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis.This position requires a TS/SCI (Top Secret/SCI) and DHS Suitability to be considered.
- Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data.
- Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases.
- Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data. Requires strong technical and computational skills – engineering, physics, mathematics.
- Has the ability to utilize advanced tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Visualize information using a range of tools, developing scripts & algorithms, creating explanatory models addressing cyber domain expertise
- Explore leading analytics approaches and methods to improve model-driven methodology concepts
- Lead initiatives to develop and refine collections and analytic methods, collaborating with analysts
- Provide innovative analytics solutions for highly complex data challenges
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large datasets
- Develop and maintain data quality metrics and measures
- Identify trends, solve analytical problems, optimize performance, and develop results through appropriate data analytics techniques (data mining and retrieval)
- Develop and show value of analytics
- Develop and apply methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to build and enhance products and processes
- Conduct data mining and retrieval and apply statistical and mathematical analyses to identify trends, solve analytical problems, optimize performance, and gather intelligence
- Ability to develop descriptive, predictive, or prescriptive analytics to make sense of structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of cloud/virtual content architectures, data standards & workflows, and best practices
- Experience in system activity and data modeling, information flow / transactional process analysis, business methods, and performance measurements techniques
- Strong oral, writer, and presentation skills
- Prior experience with ERWin
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- BS in Data Science, software engineering, or related technical discipline
- Relevant Data Scientist / Architect / Engineering Professional credentials, academic certification, and /or training
- One or more of these certifications: INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP, Agile
- Familiarity with working on SAFe agile projects
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.