StellarPeak is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Metrics Engineers to drive the development and continuous improvement of our metrics program. As a Metrics engineer you will be working on our customer’s most challenging problems to turn data into knowledge. You have deep understanding of our data sources to work with our systems engineers to pull, clean and validate data. You are an expert in visualizing this data and telling a story that turns information into actionable knowledge. We are looking for a talented engineer that is motivated by a fast-moving environment and changing the way our customers use data to drive process improvements.
As part of the Metrics team, the candidate selected will be responsible for supporting the customer to develop organizational processes and methodology, determine areas for improvement, and create metrics to measure the impact of process changes.
Tasks entail documenting initial baseline process performance, identifying meaningful improvements, tracking progress, and identifying efficiency and quality goals. The chosen candidate needs to be self-motivated, works with minimal guidance, and able to interpret customer questions into actionable analytics using the tools and processes available to the metrics team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality metrics/reports for daily, weekly, and monthly tracking and trending.
- Perform root cause analysis to assess initial baseline and drive corrective actions/process improvement based on statistical analysis of quality data.
- Conduct periodic reviews identifying interrelationships with other Systems Engineering processes and provide results to the government customer.
- Recommend process improvements for implementation across the Enterprise based on efficiency and quality goals. The chosen candidate will also implement and execute Government approved process improvements.
- Prepare briefings, capturing results, and update metric reports and decision making documentation in support of Working Group meetings.
- Participate in the development of reports and white papers assessing program activities
- Facilitate collaboration sessions to ensure expectations are being met and required team outcomes are in alignment.
- Other metric related duties as assigned
- Must have and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, BIT, or a related technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong System Engineering or Systems Integration experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues
- Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT and/or COMM systems and overall space and ground architecture
- Experience with core Systems Engineering Disciplines (Requirements, Schedule, Risk, Readiness, System Closure, VV&T, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical exchange forums
- Experience with Python
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.